Wednesday, March 4, 2009

No Drugs Please, We're Australian

I woke this morning to the news that Ben Cousins, following concussion in Friday nights NOB Cup match, that he does not recall being a drug addict! What? - Is he on drugs or something?

According to Cousins, he suffered a 'delayed concussion' and lost the the last 18 months of memory. Is this something like temporary insanity, just a bit longer? Suffering from 'Delayed Concussion' - And when did Ben become a Doctor to make this diagnosis? Dealing drugs does not make a quack! I'm almost a doctor and I know this ain't right.

"I had a couple of crazy calls," he said on Nova. "A lady was telling me, 'you know, you spent 12 months out of the game, you're a drug addict'. "I said, 'what do you mean I'm a drug addict?' I got on the phone, I rang a girl back in Perth (and) I said, 'listen, you know, real serious, am I a drug addict?' I was devastated."

Handy though that he did remember that he was now employed, by Richmond FC, that the guy looking after him was the Richmond club doctor (a real one) and the other Richmond officials around him. perhaps he thought West Coast changed their jumper and moved east?

What did he think he was doing in a radio station? It wasn't filming "Who wants to be a Drug Lord Millionaire" - perhaps he can phone a friend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh aye forget not the off to the ballet bot bot.

amen